· First stamped the squirrel on your Blending Card.
· Stamp the large acorn, tree stump and squirrel on Brutus Monroe Masking Paper and cut them out.
· Next I adhere the masking paper for the squirrel to my stamped image. Stamp the tree stump so that it looks as if the squirrel is standing on it. Removing your masking paper.
· Cut a strip of the wood tree bark page from the Mintay book. This ends up about 2 ½”x4” but on the left side is cut it sort of wavy so that it looks more tree like. Punch a hole in it using your circle punch.
· Lay your tree on you card -but don’t glue it down yet. Take the punched out circle and hold it where the hole is, then remove the tree. Next trace around the circle to create an outside boarder of where your squirrel nest hole goes.
· Stamp some of the large acorns and leaves so that they are both inside and beyond the traced circle. Use the acorn mask to create a layered look. While you’re at it, stamp another large acorn on a separate piece of blender card.
· Color up all your images with your markers. Then cover the squirrel, stump and squirrel nest circle with masking paper.
· Using your blending brush and blue ink pad, lightly blend blue over your image, creating a sky. Remove your masking paper.
· Glue down the tree, and the cut out acorn, to make it look as if your squirrel is throwing an acorn into the tree.
· Stamp the ‘Nuttin’ Compares to You’ sentiment toward the bottom of your tree with your white ink, or use black ink and accent with your white Gelly Roll pen.
· Round the corners on your card base and your image, and glue together.
Share this post